April 1, 2020
ONTARIO CHARITIES LOTTERY 2020
Further to the State Deputy email of March 17th, announcing the postponement of the date of draw of the Charities Lottery, this is to inform you that a favorable decision has been made. The revised date is October 30th.
The target date for returns of proceeds and tickets to the State office is October 1st
Find below some useful background information.
The Ontario State Board with the help of the State Office has reached out to the (AGCO) Alcohol and Gaming Commission, to seek alternate arrangements for this year’s lottery. After discussions, an agreement was reached. The Draw will take place on October 30, 2020, 10 am, at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Centre in Burlington, Ontario.
- Find enclosed the new license which allows us to hold the Charity Foundation Lottery draw on October 30, 2020.
- Enclosed is a copy of the updated Lottery Poster for the council’s usage. You may wish to print it at home, or have it printed locally. Ontario State will only provide a digital copy of the poster.
Click Updated Lottery Poster
- Also enclosed is a copy of the letter which you can show to all ticket buyers advising them of the new draw date and the reason for the delay.
- Please note that when sales start up again you will have to physically change the date of the draw on each ticket sold. You may wish to do this ahead of time. For consistency we would ask that you cross out the date and neatly enter the 30 October 2020 on each ticket.
Recommendations under COVID circumstances
- Refrain from selling tickets face to face until we all receive the “all clear” signal regarding the COVID 19 pandemic from the Chief Medical Advisor for Ontario.
- Please keep all unsold and sold tickets in addition to the sale proceeds in a safe location.
Note that the State Office staff have been working from their respective residences as of March 25, 2020. With remote access to all our files, the membership should not see any change in the standard level of service. Phone calls, emails and mail will be answered as per the normal method.
Ontario State Charities Lottery Chairman
Cell (416) 456-7084